About Privacy on Kinnected
When you become part of the Kinnected community, you are in control of how much information you want to share, and whether your data is saved or deleted.
Before you sign our terms of service, here are seven important points to know about your data and your privacy:
- Kinnected will be collecting shared, anonymous data that you provide about yourself and with others, about your health, which we may share, (non-monetarily), under the correct circumstances, with other ethically minded organizations for social advocacy. We will never share restricted data, like your name, email address, and date of birth.
- Conversations between Kinnected users can only be uploaded into our Solutions Library solutions if both parties agree to save and share the conversation. A copy will always be saved to your timeline.
- Kinnected is committed to Clean Data Research. (CDR). You will never be solicited, invited, persuaded or influenced to join any kind of drug research or study, group, or test. We do not participate in that area of business on Kinnected. Your anonymous data will not be shared with companies affiliated with the health insurance industry or the Pharmaceutical Industry. Health Insurance and Pharma can achieve much when properly regulated. However, Kinnected is not a regulator.
- Your data, if it is shared, will be going to public and private organizations that concentrate on global self-health and and social organizations that champion humanity. Your data will help grow and connect and educate social services, family and cultural organizations. Please see our partnership page for more info.
- To mitigate the cost for small, flexible underfunded individuals, businesses and organizations to share your data ethically, Kinnected is creating a Flexible Data Tracking system (FDT) that allows CDR organizations to access a back-end login access and the ability to track data in ways similar to any global entity such as the CDC or the WTO.
- Every bit of member data is encrypted at rest and while active, and remote access to the Kinnected networks is strongly protected vastly beyond governmental requirements and utilizes biometric multi-factor authentication methods.
Last Updated: June 4, 2019
At Kinnected (“Kinnected,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”), we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are looking to build community and conversation. We ask for limited personal identifying information in order to provide Services to you and for no other purposes.
- We don’t share your personally identifying information with anyone, except as needed to provide service or product support, to comply with the law, or to protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal or Member information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of our Services.
- We only use data, if any, in an anonymous manner and in the aggregate for the purpose of contributing to academic research.
We recommend that you exercise caution before you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information to other users, on publicly accessible or displayable parts of the Service, or through third-party links on third-party websites or platforms.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact our Support team at email@example.com.
Collection and Use of Information
In order to utilize some of the Services you will need to set up an account with us, we require certain identifying information that will be linked to your account, including your email address. We encourage you to exercise caution before voluntarily disclosing other types of personally identifying information about yourself, and prohibit you from disclosing any personally identifying information about another person, whether another account holder or not. Personally identifying information generally includes, but is not limited to, a person’s name, address, professional titles, company affiliation and any other information that is able to identify an individual.
We do not and will not send spam, sell, or rent your email address or any social media login account (“Account”) information to third parties. We do not disclose, sell, share, trade or give away a user’s personal information to third parties, except as needed for completing payment and billing transactions through the services of payment processing vendors, if applicable.
Like most website operators, our servers automatically collect certain types of non-personally-identifying technical information, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. For example:
- What website you came from to get here,
- How long you stay for, and
- What kind of device you’re using.
We use this information to better understand how our visitors use our website, and to maintain Services.
Location Information & IP Addresses
We do not collect or store location data through your use of the Services. Internet Protocol addresses indicate the location of a User’s computer or mobile device on a network connected to the Internet. Providing Services to you may result in the logging of IP addresses for systems administration, troubleshooting purposes, and to prevent prohibited account sharing. While this may be used to infer an approximation of your location when using certain features of the Services, we do not log IP addresses to track your session. If you are an account holder, we may link IP addresses to personally identifiable information in order to monitor account sharing and prevent prohibited activity.
In addition to the other uses described in this Policy, you agree that we may extract and use information from the information you disclose for the purposes of aggregating data in a non-identifiable method. This aggregated data may be used internally to improve services or without limitation, to develop, analyze, combine, or publish the aggregated data for commercial purposes.
Protection of Certain Personally Identifying Information
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally identifying information.
We discloses potential personally identifying information only on an as needed (or required) basis as follows:
- To Our employees that: (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide the Services; and (ii) that have expressly agreed not to disclose it to others. Note* Some of those employees, and contractors may be located outside of your home country; by using the Services you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of a legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a written government request.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Feedback & Support
If you send us a request (via a support email or one of our feedback channels), we reserve the right to publish it (stripped of all personally identifying information, of course) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users (i.e. create an FAQ database).
We may provide technical support to service your Account(s) with us. In order to do so, we may use certain personally identifying information, with your consent, to access your account for the purpose of troubleshooting, running tests, and/or otherwise providing support. In providing technical support to you, we may potentially see other personally identifying information viewable on your Account pages. As with all other information, we promise to hold any information we encounter in the process of providing support to the highest possible security and protection standards.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
To review, access, or update your personal information to review its accuracy, or request deletion please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with reasonable access to any of your personal, or other account, information we maintain within forty-five (45) days of your request. We provide this access so you can review, make corrections, or request deletion of your information. If we cannot honor your request within the 45-day period, we will tell you when we will be able to provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access to your information, we will explain why we cannot do so.
Please note that any changes you make will be reflected in our active user database within a reasonable time, however we may retain information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud, to satisfy legal obligations, or otherwise we reasonably believe there is a legitimate reason to do so.
Additional information for International Users
To prevent unauthorized access, safeguard data accuracy, and maintain the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to protect the personal information you submit. We make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. However, since the Internet is not 100% secure and as new technology evolves and emerges, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party interferences from illegally obtaining or tampering with your personal information.
We encourage you to help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you use the Services. Change your Account password often, using a combination of letters, numbers, and characters, and make sure you use a secure connection.
Privacy of Minors
We do not promote or offer the Services for use by anyone under the age of 18 (“minors”). Kinnected does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from minors, and we will not knowingly link to any third-party website or platform, or host any of your Sites that solicit or collect personal information from minors. If you believe that a minor has disclosed personal information to us or that we have linked to such a third-party or user website or platform, please contact us at email@example.com.